BACKSTAGE NEAR MATCH REPORTS
Part I: Student tasks:
- In Near Match reports spreadsheet, find a highlighted line where there is a name with 99.9% confidence level.
2. Arrow back to the cell where there is a Millennium .b number (column labeled Bib ID). Click the cell and copy the number (cntl-c).
3. Paste (cntl-v) the .b number into the search box in Millennium. Search index should be “Record number.” Delete the period in the b number in the search box.
4. Click Search. You will see this.
5. At the top of the window, click the View button so that you can see the entire bib record.
6. In the spreadsheet, arrow forward to the column labeled Authority-1. It contains a hyperlink to another resource, the Library of Congress Authorities. Click once in the cell. It will take you to the name authority record (web version).
In the name authority record, check if there’s a title in the ‘found in’ section that matches the title of the book in our bib record. (If unable to find a matching title, is there an area of expertise [372 – Field of activity or 374 – Occupation].)
If there is a matching title, mark the spreadsheet column titled NOTES with an M. If the titles are not the same, mark the NOTES column with an X. The Library Specialist will then review the spreadsheet.