The Clemson University Libraries require prior approval for all work related travel, including travel when no funding is requested. We also require approval for participation and/or funding of any work related non-travel expense, such as webinars. Approvals are obtained using our Travel & Non-Travel Funding & Approval Form. The form must be completed before routing for approval signatures.
Approval signatures must be obtained from your Supervisor and/or Unit Head. Faculty must also obtain an approval signature from the Faculty Chair. If requesting Administrative funding, the Dean must also approve. Approvals are required regardless if funding is requested.
Employees will be reimbursed for approved travel expenses in compliance with the University travel guidelines which are governed by State and Federal travel regulations. Receipts for reimbursement should be turned in within 60 days of completion of your travel.
- Complete the Travel & Non-Travel Funding & Approval Form.
- After clicking Submit, print the pdf form.
- Attach any supporting documentation such as a conference program.
- Complete the workshop or conference registration form with any pertinent information.
- Forward the printed form and attachments for appropriate approval signatures.
- Once approvals are obtained, forward form and attachments to Administrative Services.
Notes for Completing the Form
- University ID is your 6 digit employee number.
- Description field should include the name of the event and affiliated organization.
- If no reimbursement is requested, leave the cost amounts zero.
- Registration fees that are payable by credit card, can be prepaid by the Library.
- Lodging reservations are the responsibility of the traveler and can’t be prepaid by the Library. Please obtain a zero balance receipt for your reimbursement.
- When a rental car is requested, the Library will make those reservations with our contract vendor.
- Airfare and rail fare can be prepaid by the Library.
- Destination rental car reservations may be available through our contract vendor. If not, the traveler will be responsible for these reservations and expense can be reimbursed with a receipt.
- Additional expenses may include parking, fuel for rental car, airline baggage fees, taxi fare, tolls, tips, etc. Receipts are required for all expenditures of $25 or more.
- Meals are reimbursed at the per diem rate and no receipts are required.