The Technical Services and Collection Management Unit supports and enhances the educational and research needs of our students, faculty, and staff through effective collection assessment, acquisition, and discovery of quality information resources. The Unit consists of the following five teams:
- Continuing Resources and Governments Documents Team. Responsibilities for this team include government documents; print periodicals and standing orders; binding and repairs; Serials Solutions e-journal MARC record loads.
- Electronic Resources Team. Responsibilities include the Serials Solutions knowledgebase and link resolver; proxy server configuration file content; MARC record loads for e-books; troubleshooting electronic databases, e-journals, and e-books.
- Standards Management and Assessment Team. Responsibilities for this team include ILS database management and authority control; load profile specialists and liaison to IT; final authority on local cataloging standards; physical processing; maintaining statistics and documentation; training and problem resolution.
- Metadata and Monographic Resources Team. Responsibilities include metadata for digitized special collections; monographic cataloging of books, media, and other special formats; ETDs cataloging; collection level workforms.
- Acquisition and Collection Management Team. Responsibilities include monographic acquisitions; monographic copy cataloging of books and media; gifts; approvals; bindery operations; PDA/DDA; weeding and relocations; acquisitions collection assessment; collaboration with subject specialists and Information Access Committee.