Charge: Oversee Clemson Libraries’ diversity, equity and inclusion program to ensure that we provide inclusive collections, programs, services, and technologies that support Clemson University’s goals.
- Implement Clemson Libraries’ Diversity Plan created by Diversity Plan Working Group
- Identify annual areas of focus
- Assess progress toward the completion of identified goals, including the possibility of the creation of metrics
- Communicate regularly with Libraries’ employees and campus stakeholders regarding our progress
- Revise the plan as necessary
- Utilize CampusLabs to document plan progress and revisions
- Coordinate with Altheia Richardson and Office of Inclusion and Equity
- Create and maintain the Libraries’ diversity web site
- Create a landing page for diversity which includes our mission statement, plan progress updates and other initiatives related to our progress toward becoming a fully inclusive organization
- Maintain and update the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion LibGuide – https://clemson.libguides.com/dei
- In concert with the Programming and Engagement Resident, partner with other diversity-related organizations across the campus and in the community to sponsor diversity-related public events and encourage these events to be held in the Cooper and the Libraries’ branches
- In concert with the Organization Development Committee, facilitate training workshops related to diversity, equity and inclusion for library faculty and staff.
Deliverable: An annual written report to the Dean of Libraries reporting the committee’s activities and accomplishments. Report due July 1 of each year.
Membership: 5 members, staggered terms. Representation from faculty and staff, various units. Programming and Engagement Resident serves Ex Officio.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – Resource Guide
|Clemson Libraries Diversity Plan 2019-2026 DRAFT