The Coalition for Networked Information (CNI) invites applicants for the:
2020 Paul Evan Peters Fellowship
Applications due no later than May 24, 2020
The Paul Evan Peters Fellowship was established to honor and perpetuate the memory of CNI’s founding executive director. The fellowship is awarded every two years to students pursuing graduate studies in librarianship, the information sciences, or a closely related field, who demonstrates intellectual and personal qualities consistent with those of Paul Evan Peters, including:
- commitment to use of digital information and advanced technology to enhance scholarship, intellectual productivity, and public life
- interest in the civic responsibilities of information professionals and a commitment to democratic values
- positive and creative approach to overcoming personal, technological, and bureaucratic challenges
- humor, vision, humanity, and imagination.
Two fellowships will be awarded in 2020:
- One to a doctoral/ Ph.D. student in the amount of $5,000 per year, to be awarded two consecutive years.
- One to a master’s student in the amount of $2,500 per year, to be awarded two consecutive years.
Links to the application forms, as well as more information about the Paul Evan Peters Fellowship and the application process, are available at https://www.cni.org/go/pep-fellowship. You can also contact Beth Secrist email@example.com with questions.