Workers’ Compensation is available to any current Clemson University employee who becomes ill or injured on the job. Through this program, employees are provided with benefits and medical care. Workers’ compensation pays 100% of approved medical bills as well as other covered expenses. WC has the right to direct the medical providers during treatment of an injured/ill employee. If an injured/ill employee seeks medical attention on his/her own, WC is not required to pay for that treatment. Treatment must be authorized by Clemson University’s insurance carrier.
Steps to Take in Event of Injury/Illness:
- In case of accidental injury/illness, it is the employee’s responsibility to notify his/her immediate supervisor immediately. Any injury, no matter how slight must be reported. If the injured employee is seriously wounded, call 911 immediately.
- After securing the details of the injury, the supervisor will contact CorVel at 1-866-282-2674. A Medical Manager Nurse Consultant will take the call and will ask specific questions about the accident. CorVel will assist the injured employee in selecting a physician and scheduling an appointment or will direct him/her to the Emergency Room. Nurses are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Worker’s Comp Report
- If an injured employee chooses not to seek medical attention, a report must still be filed with the Clemson’s Workers’ Compensation Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org/656-3364).
After the doctor’s/ER visit, the employee will encounter one of the following scenarios:
- Return to Work Without Restrictions (immediately with proper documentation signed by the medical provider)
- Return to Work With Restrictions (cannot return until Library Administration gives approval; a good faith effort to accommodate employee’s restrictions will be planned before the return)
- Return to Work With Restrictions & Physical Therapy (same as above)
- Out of Work