We are happy to announce that Jim Tolleson will be joining us as a new Accountant in our Business Office. His primary focus will be on managing the TS&CM budget in Alma and Peoplesoft as well as entering the TS&CM invoices in Buyways. Over time, Jim will also learn the other functions of our business office in order to serve as a back-up for Karen. For the last twenty years, he has worked as an Accountant/Fiscal Analyst II at SC Endeavors in Greenville, so he is quite familiar with the state’s fund accounting systems and will be a great asset to our team.
Jim’s start date will be Wednesday, May 12, 2021. Please join me in welcoming Jim to the Clemson Libraries’ family.
2021 Spring Wellness Series – Recordings
The recordings of the Spring Wellness Series hosted by OHR and Deer Oaks that took place last month are now available. You may find the recordings here: https://www.clemson.edu/human-resources/eap/wellness.html
Professional Development Opportunities for the week of May 11-May 17!
- Volunteers for PASCAL Committees and Working Groups
- PASCAL is seeking volunteers for its Committees and Working Groups for a two-year membership beginning on July 1, To volunteer, please fill out the Volunteer form by the May 15th deadline. For more information, click here.
- If interested, please feel free to reach out to current and previous members for more information:
- Lisa Bodenheimer – Cataloging and metadata
- Wade Culler – Electronic resources, knowledgebase management, and link resolving
- Renna Redd – Access services and resource sharing
- Russell Terry – Discovery, reference, and end-user experience
- Chris Vinson – Systems
- Tara Weekes – Discovery, reference, and end-user experience
- Derek Wilmott – Collection Management and Acquisitions
- Kathy Edwards – Discovery, reference, and end-user experience
- Maggie Albro – Training
–Organizational Development Committee
It’s Your Special Day in May!
Employee Recognition Day/Employee of the Year Announcement – Tuesday, May 18!
Please join your colleagues next Tuesday, May 18 at 3 pm for Employee Recognition Day! The planning team has been working hard to create a day that is fun, engaging, and honors all the hard work and perseverance Libraries’ employees have exhibited this past year. We’re all connected!
We have really cool employee gifts that we will be distributing and lots of door prizes will be raffled off at the event. We’re looking forward to seeing you there!
–The Employee Recognition Day Planning Team
Rodger Bishop, Lili Klar, Clayton Ruminski, Cierra Townson, and Kellie Marlatt
–The Employee of the Year Selection Committee
Ed Rock, Melanie Keeler, Paula Smith
Has all your work completely worn you out? If so, make things easier on yourself with this trick:
Simply click and drag any email and drop it onto the contacts symbol on the Outlook navigation bar. Suddenly you’ve got a brand new contact with the email address and name automatically entered. Any additional information included in their signature line will be added, as well. Copy and paste to correct any misplaced information!
Hey there! What’s Cooking?
Don’t let these masks stop you from sharing your important news! Please send any announcements to me at http://library.clemson.edu/depts/admin/announcement-submission/