- No food, drink, or tobacco use is allowed in the Hipp Reading Room
- Researchers and visitors must sign the register each day when entering and leaving.
- All coats, handbags, briefcases, backpacks, purses, etc. are to be placed in the designated coat room.
- Researchers may take research related tools (notepaper, computer) to a table in the research area. These items may be checked by the staff before the researcher leaves.
- All materials should be returned to the Reference Desk no later than 15 minutes before closing and no further items will be paged after that time.
- Special Collections Library materials may only be consulted in the Hipp Reading Room.
- Materials must be handled with care to avoid damage.
- White gloves may be necessary when handling certain materials, such as photographs or other delicate materials.
- Do not force books open, place open books face down, or place objects on top of them.
- Only pencils may be used. Ink pens of any type are prohibited.
- Do not lean upon, mark, fold, trace, or otherwise handle items in a way that may cause damage.
- Manuscript materials are stored in a specific order. This arrangement of papers and folders must be preserved. Do not remove materials from the folder without permission.
- Photoduplication is allowed by permission only, on an item-by-item basis.
- Items to be copied or scanned should be left in the folder with a marker identifying the location.