The University Archives is responsible for the institutional memory of Clemson University. Special Collections Library staff collect, preserve, and provide access to information that is of enduring historical, fiscal, administrative, or legal value.
For questions regarding the University Archives, please contact the University Archivist.
Material in the University Archives includes:
- Minutes of the Board of Trustees
- Records of offices, departments, and university organizations
- Records of student organizations, fraternities, sororities, and societies
- Clemson photographs
- Biographical information on faculty, administrators, and alumni
- University publications
- Student publications such as Taps, Tiger, and Chronicle
- Maps of the campus and the City of Clemson
All of the University Archives series finding aids are in pdf format, unless otherwise noted. You can download a free copy of Adobe Reader to access these documents if you do not already have Adobe installed.
* Series are listed in the Clemson Libraries catalog, but do not have finding aids.
** Series contain restricted materials with sensitive or confidential information that is protected under federal or state right to privacy laws and regulations. Materials in these series must be screened for sensitive or confidential materials before they can be accessed. Use of these materials is by appointment only. Contact the University Archivist for an appointment.