Clemson House Online Exhibit

Clemson House Online Exhibit

Clemson House officially opened on November 1, 1950.

It was one third of a massive project that developed out of the need for additional housing for Clemson College faculty and staff, as well as a place for campus visitors to eat and spend the night.

Eventually, the building became a dormitory. Four decades of students, sharing space with the last remaining permanent residents.

Throughout, Clemson House was a public facility where the campus, local community and visitors relaxed, ate, socialized, conducted business, exchanged ideas and celebrated.

Clemson House is scheduled to be demolished later this year.

Learn more in the new Special Collections and Archives online exhibit. The exhibit  includes photographs and documents from our holdings.  See the exhibit here.