Hanover House Exhibit in Cooper Library

Hanover House Exhibit in Cooper Library

The new exhibit in the lobby of R.M. Cooper Library celebrates 300 years of the Hanover House by featuring documents and photographs from Special Collections & Archives, particularly the James F. Byrnes Papers (Mss 90) and Clemson University Office of the Vice President For Business and Finance Paper (CU Archives Series 87).

The 1716 French Huguenot colonial structure moved from the lower part of South Carolina to Clemson’s campus in 1941. There it was restored and opened as a historic house museum. In 1994, the house moved off campus to the South Carolina Botanical Garden.

See the exhibit “Hanover House Turns 300” to learn more about the history of this small but historically and architecturally important house. Then stop by the Botanical Garden to tour Hanover House and wish it a Happy 300th Birthday.